a copy of Greensky Bluegrass' new CD, ALL ACCESS, Vol. 1
Thursday, April 08, 2010
|Contest has Ended:
This contest has ended and winners have been announced
Thanks for playing!
Greensky Bluegrass continues to make new and exciting music with a brand new series of live recordings called All Access. Each volume highlights the groupís evolving sound in the live setting, featuring an entire concert from a recent tour. For All Access, every show is meticulously recorded to multi-track, mixed and mastered to give the listener the best quality live Greensky Bluegrass shows available anywhere.
On All Access: Volume One, the Kalamazoo, MI-based group offers nearly 30 songs on a two-disc set from its November 27, 2009 performance at the Riviera Theatre in Three Rivers, MI. The all-acoustic band delights by delivering an adaptation on traditional bluegrass with its contemporary sound. The live setting allows the listener to clearly tune in to each instrument: virtuosic guitar, banjo, dobro, mandolin and upright bass playing, textured with electronic effects lightly sprinkled throughout.
Along with two dozen original tunes on All Access: Volume One, Greensky Bluegrass goes on to expands the genreís limits by exploring electrifying covers of tunes by such outside-the-bluegrass-norm acts like The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and Pink Floyd.
Anders Beck, dobro player for Greensky believes "Itís about the jams and the improvisation. Our live shows are where we are able to give our original songs a life of their own each night. Many of our songs are explored well in this latest show, as many of them stretch over the 10-15 minute mark."
All Access: Volume One is available on CD at all Greensky Bluegrass shows and on its website (www.greenskybluegrass.com) as a physical CD product as well as digital downloads. With a limited edition of only 1000 copies printed, these All Access sets are sure to become part of history.
1. Sweetwater Sea (R. Davis)
2. Pig in a Pen - (R. Stanley & C. Stanley)
3. Reverned (P. Hoffman)
4. Dry County > (P. Hoffman)
5. Time > Breathe Reprise > (Gilmour, Waters, Mason, Wright)
7. Dry County
8. Nine Days (P. Hoffman)
9. White Freight Liner Blues (T. Van Zandt)
10. No Idea (P. Hoffman)
11. When I Paint My Masterpiece (B. Dylan)
12. Against the Days (A. Allen & P. Hoffman)
13. Just to Lie > (P. Hoffman)
14. Train Junkie (A. Beck & B. Galloway)
15. Into the Rafters (P. Hoffman)
16. Indian Trail > (M. Bont)
17. A Day in the Life (J. Lennon & P. McCartney) *
*=first time played
1. What's Left of the Night (B. Galloway)
2. 200 Miles from Montana (D. Bruzza)
3. Hot Dogs [On Parade] (D. Bruzza)
4. All Four (P. Hoffman)
5. Less Than Supper (P. Hoffman)
6. Depot Bay (P. Hoffman)
7. King of the Hill (B. Hornsby)
8. Better Off (P. Hoffman)
9. Broke Mountian Breakdown > (A. Beck)
10. Tied Down (P. Hoffman)